Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bali Dreaming


A couple of weeks ago we took advantage of a great Jetstar sale and booked ourselves some super cheap flights to Bali in July. We figured that gives us plenty of time to save our pennies for a nice week long stay. Last year we stayed near Seminyac, Kuta which was lovely but this time we're keen to go further inland and stay in or near Ubud. We have been told by many that it is one of the best spots to visit and from what i'm seeing online, I have to agree it looks stunning....










This extract from here sells it quite nicely: "Ubud is arguably the best place to use as a base if you're visiting Bali; if you're looking for culture, comfort, nature and inspiration. Ubud is surrounded by most of the things that bring people to Bali -- scenic rice fields, small villages, art and craft communities, ancient temples, palaces, rivers, cheap accommodation and unique luxury hotels. And it's central location makes it easy to get from Ubud to the mountains, beaches, and major towns."

I rather fancy staying here...




Or maybe here...






I suppose I would settle for here too...





I may have to earn some serious brownie points (and cash) in the next six months in order to end up at any of those lush spots though!

Meanwhile, to help combat the 'Bah Humbugs' that seem to be unavoidable at this time of year, i'll just imagine myself at the edge of one of those luxurious private infinity pools overlooking the stunning River Oos, cocktail in hand, and Boy at my side. Hmmm.....

1 comment:

  1. Hiii...Aimee.
    I'm Hardy from west java, nice to see you in blog... Ubud? Bali ? It's never ever end land. But you must visit to west java. Did you know? balines sad dog it's 'cicing' and in sundanes mean 'quaite'.I'm not so confuse,because i dont have a dog.
    See U.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love to read your comments. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails